Tips for Preventing Misunderstandings with Lawyers from Missouri’s OCDC
When you're working with an attorney because you've been injured in an accident, you want to avoid misundertandings at all costs. Too many of them can cause severe delays for your case, and it's important for you to be able to communicate with your lawyer as much as possible.
Working With Your St. Louis Personal Injury Attorneys
There are a few things you can do to avoid misunderstandings and work toward a successful outcome. Here are some great tips that can help you as you work with your lawyer on your case:
– Leave detailed messages that adequately communicate urgency.
– Follow up with a call back, or stop by the office, or send a letter.
– Ask for any fees to be included in a written contract so you know what to expect.
– Discuss any relationship problems right away so they can be dealt with immediately.
– Ask for copies of all legal documents for your own records.
– Ask a lot of questions; especially if your lawyer has told you something that you don't understand.
An Open and Honest Relationship is the Key
When you don'tt feel comfortable with your lawyer, your case can suffer as a result. Perhaps you're looking to replace your current attorney, or you may be looking for one to represent you for a brand new case. Your St. Louis personal injury attorneys are here to assist you. Please contact us!