First Steps to Take After a Motorcycle Accident
Spring is just around the corner, which means it will be time for people to get their motorcycles on the road soon. It’s important for motorists to keep an eye out for them during the warmer months of the year. If you’ll be riding one, use caution. If you’re in a motorcycle accident in St. Louis, it’s important for you to know what to do.
What to do at the Scene of a Motorcycle Accident
It’s important to conduct yourself properly at the scene of the crash. You can do that by following these steps:
– Get yourself out of harm’s way. If you’re in the middle of the road, move yourself and your bike (if you can) onto the shoulder.
– Call 911, even if you don’t think you’re injured.
– Talk with the police and have them complete an accident report.
– Take pictures of the crash and of the surrounding areas.
– Don’t argue with the other driver. Stay calm at all times.
Once the Accident is Over
After the police report has been done, and you’re free to go, you’ll want to get immediate medical attention. You’ll also need to talk with a St. Louis personal injury lawyer.
You could be awarded compensation for the accident, based on your injuries and damages. An experienced St. Louis personal injury lawyer can help you navigate this challenging time. Don’t go into this situation without the proper legal representation.