What to do First After a Slip and Fall Accident
What do you do after you’ve had a slip and fall accident in St. Louis? It’s important for you to know the right steps to take. You may have been seriously injured, even if you’re not in a lot of pain right afterwards. These types of accidents can be expensive, so it’s crucial to do everything right.
Take These Steps Immediately
After you’ve had a slip and fall, there are some actions you want to take right away.
– Notify the store manager of your accident. Don’t try to reach a resolution, but let them know what happened. You may need to fill out an accident report.
– Inspect the area where you fell. You should take pictures of it, if possible.
– Talk with witnesses. Get their names and contact information.
– Seek medical attention. This is important, and you shouldn’t put it off just because you feel OK.
– Write down your personal account of the incident.
When Do You Need to Contact a Lawyer?
We advise everyone to contact their St. Louis slip and fall attorneys right away. You have rights in cases like this, but you may not know what they are. At the very least, your medical expenses should be covered, but you may be able to receive additional compensation.
Your St. Louis slip and fall attorneys will be able to offer you excellent legal advice. Don’t put off getting in touch with them.