When Does Poor Care Considered Abuse in a Nursing Home?
Cases of nursing home abuse in St. Louis often go unreported because they don’t always fit what people consider to be the “normal” definition of abuse. It’s important to understand that neglect or even simply poor care can also fall into this category. If you have a loved one in a nursing home, it’s important to know the more subtle signs that abuse is taking place.
Subtle Signs of Nursing Home Neglect or Abuse
It’s not always easy to identify when an elderly person is being neglected or abused. Here are some more subtle signs that you can look for:
– They’re frequently being left alone in a public place.
– Their living conditions aren’t safe.
– They’re not appropriately dressed for the weather.
– They’re not bathed regularly, or they’re dirty.
– They have soiled sheets or clothing.
– There are bugs in their living space.
– They have bed sores.
– They seem malnourished or dehydrated.
Getting Help from a St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Attorney
When most families begin to recognize the signs of nursing home neglect, they feel stuck. They know something needs to be done, but they don’t know who to turn to for help. Talking with a St. Louis nursing home neglect attorney is the right move to make.
Your lawyer understands what Missouri laws say about elderly people and the care they deserve in nursing homes. They will make sure justice is served in your case.