Pedestrian Killed in St Louis Pedestrian Accident
On April 13th, a pedestrian was fatally struck in a hit-and-run accident in north St. Louis. Your St. Louis Pedestrian Accident Attorneys, Hoffman & Gelfman, want to keep you aware of such dangers.
The Deadly Incident
Occurring at the 3500 block of Goodfellow Boulevard around 11:48pm, the incident left 60-year-old Harlan Cooks, who resided in the area, dead. As Cooks was walking eastbound on the south side of Natural Bridge Avenue crossing Goodfellow Boulevard, he was struck and killed by a black Jeep Liberty heading southbound on the street. Later pronounced dead-on-arrival at an area hospital, police are currently on the lookout for the driver who fled.
Hoffman & Gelfman Want You to Stay Safe While Walking at Night
• Increase your nighttime visibility with lightly colored, reflective clothing and by carrying a flashlight.
• Stay in well-lit areas, especially when crossing the street.
• Walk on sidewalks where available, or on the road shoulder facing traffic.
• Use designated crosswalks whenever possible.
• When crossing, make eye contact with stopped drivers whenever possible to ensure they see you.
• Avoid distractions such as texting, cell phone conversations, and loud music that can detract your attention from the road.
• Avoid walking on highways or other zones where pedestrians are prohibited.
• Avoid alcohol consumption – 34% of pedestrian casualties involve (pedestrian) intoxication.
Injured by a careless driver? St. Louis Pedestrian Accident Attorneys Hoffman & Gelfman are on your side. Contact us to discuss your case today.