How Can You Negotiate with the Insurance Company?
If you’ve been in a car accident, you may get to the point where you have to negotiate with the insurance company. This process can be helped with one of our St. Louis auto accident attorneys on your side.
If you need to negotiate, knowing how will make the process smoother. These tips can help you in the negotiation:
1. Know what settlement you want: When you write a demand letter, you should know what your claim is worth. Determine a minimum settlement offer that you are willing to accept. This is for your information only.
2. Don’t be too eager to accept the first offer: Often, the adjuster’s first offer is very low. They want to see if you know what you’re doing.
3. Get justification for a low offer: Ask the adjuster for specific reasons for his offer. Make notes and then write a short letter responding to the factors and expect a response from them.
4. Highlight emotional points: The facts are stated in your claim. Emotional points can help your claim, such as, photos of a severely damaged car or of the injuries caused, or if the injuries interfered with your parenting, talk about that.
5. Write it down!: When you reach an agreement, ask write a confirmation letter to the adjuster. It will be a short, simple letter.
If you have to negotiate with an insurance adjuster, call your St. Louis auto accident attorneys today!