Family of Deceased Five-Year-Old Child Wins a Large Settlement from Apartment Complex
It's always so sad when someone loses their life in a fire, and it's even worse when that person is a child. One Missouri family mourned the loss of their daughter after a fire broke out in a duplex they had just moved into the day before. They alleged that a faulty smoke alarm was to blame, and that the landlord should have made sure it was working.
Five-Year-Old Girl Dies in Fire
The fire broke out in the home while the little girl was sitting on the sofa in the living room. Her mother and her mother's boyfriend were near the rear of the duplex, and they were able to escape out a window. Neighbors pulled the little girl through a window at the front of the home, but she had already suffered serious injuries. She was covered in second and third-degree burns.
Two days later, the little girl died. The mother sought justice for the loss of her daughter, and claimed that had the smoke alarm worked properly, she would still be alive.
Your St. Louis Product Liability Attorneys
Losing a loved one in a fire results in an incredible amount of emotional pain. Your St. Louis product liability attorneys are here to help if you have lost a loved one due to a defective product. We will fight hard for your case. You deserve to be compensated for your loss. Contact us.