What Constitutes Neglect When Considering a Nursing Home Neglect Lawsuit
Placing your loved one in a nursing home comes with a lot of heartache and pain. All too often, families may notice the staff making decisions that they don’t agree with, and some decisions may even border on neglect. But for someone who isn’t a lawyer, it’s not always easy to tell if that’s what’s actually happening. Let’s take a look at how to tell if a nursing home is neglecting your loved one.
Signs of Nursing Home Neglect
There are several signs you can look for to tell if your family member is being neglected. They include:
– Personal hygiene begins to suffer.
– They begin having health problems stemming from nutritional deficiencies.
– They suffer from psychological issues, such as extreme anxiety or depression.
– They have injuries that they cannot explain.
– They lose their mobility.
– Their living environment is not kept clean.
Is it Time to Contact a St. Louis Nursing Home Neglect Lawyer for Help?
If you have noticed any of the above happening with your loved one, it may be time to contact a St. Louis nursing home neglect lawyer for assistance. Neglect is a form of abuse, and your family member should be well taken care of by the professionals who are trusted to perform their jobs well.
You may be able to get compensation for your loved one if they are being neglected. Please contact us to get help with your case.